Now, I have to say this recipe did not quite go as I intended it to. Although it doesn’t come directly from this this is listed as a weight watchers recipe, but I made some minor changes some of which need changing and others which were successful. I do aim to try this again as it does actually have promise, and will post updates as they come, but take note, this is a work in progress! It was taken from here (accessed 5th December 2018)
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat biscuit mix (I used filo pastry as that is the lowest calorie one I could find)
- 2 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I don’t recommend frozen as the extra water content made my mixture too runny, next time I will try fresh)
- 2 cup cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom (don’t try to get the dregs out by adding a little water, that make the mixture too runny)
- Garlic salt, onion powder, and fresh ground pepper to taste (it says on the site to add a liberal amount, I did add enough especially pepper, and so it lacked seasoning)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray 8×8 casserole dish with cooking spray. (I used 1 cal spray)
- Mix together veggies, chicken, spices, and soup. Pour into casserole dish.
- Take about 6 individual sheets of filo pastry and scrunch individually on top of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until filo pastry is golden brown. (I checked at 20 minutes and the frozen peas were still frozen!)