Now this little gem I was quite impressed with and have to say it is probably the right ingredients at the right time of year! It comes from here (accessed 6th January 2018) and I do believe it is one of the easiest pre made meals I have come across! But be aware the reheating really does depend on your microwave, the original 1 to 2 minutes quoted on the site so is not accurate for my microwave!
Now I actually created the breakfast sausage using pork stuffing (yes it really does say that! I got a few extra packets for 70p each reduced at M&S just after Christmas!) So I made the breakfast sausage first then the burritos. Note any pork stuffing would do from about 300g to 500g, they do vary in price and I will need to source another one once I used up my stash.
Note, this makes 10 burritos,, they do not do well in the fridge they go soggy…so once wrapped and bagged, freeze. To reheat, you can stick them in the microwave (you need to try different times but I would do 1 minute turn over and repeat and if it still feels frozen it is!). Apparently you can heat these through in the oven, but based on how long it takes to heat up, not exactly time saving, which to me is what is so good about these.
- 1 packet sausage meat 454g
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 10 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp butter
- 10 slices of any light low cal cheese
- 10 tortillas
Breakfast Sausage – Method:
- Mix all the herbs, pepper, chilli flakes, onions and meat together in a bowl, do not over mix.
- Cook in a frying pan on a medium to high heat for 3 -4 minutes until no pink is showing. I used a little 1 cal spray only but you can use a little oil here if you prefer.
- Set aside until needed. (This apparently can be kept chilled for 3 days and still tastes ok.)
Scrambled eggs – Method:
- Beat eggs, milk and salt and pepper in a bowl until mixed
- Heat butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat until hot. Pour in egg mixture. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with a spatula forming curds.
- Continue cooking – pulling, lifting and folding eggs – until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Don’t stir constantly. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place 1 slice of cheese in the centre of each tortilla (half a slice could be enough). Add the egg and sausage mixture. Fold the sides into the centre of the tortilla and then roll into a burrito. Burritos can be individually wrapped in parchment paper or foil (I did mine in foil) place into an airtight zipper bag.